Though you can’t change the size of your windows when you opt for retrofit windows, you can still customize many of the features. This is your opportunity to showcase your distinctive style in your home. There are countless customization options. These include frame materials and colors to hardware finishes and decorative glass options. Here’s how you can create the perfect look for your home:
Choose from several materials. The popular materials for retrofit windows include:
- Vinyl: Vinyl frames are affordable, low maintenance, and energy efficient. They come in several colors and finishes to match any architectural style.
- Wood: Classic wood is a popular choice for retrofit windows. Wood frames offer natural beauty and warmth. You can customize versatile wood by painting or staining it to match the inside and outside of your home.
- Aluminum: Known for their strength, durability, and sleek good looks, aluminum frames suit modern and contemporary homes. You can powder-coat them with a range of colors to achieve the ideal finish.
The color choices are almost endless:
- Neutral Tones: Choose classic neutrals, like white, beige, or gray, for a timeless look that will complement any home.
- Bold Colors: Make a statement with vibrant colors, deep blue, forest green, or burgundy. Bold colors add personality and character to your home.
- Wood Grain Finishes: Give vinyl or aluminum frames the beauty of natural wood finishes. Achieve the warmth and richness of wood without the maintenance.
Add a touch of whimsy or sophistication to the room with the right hardware choice:
- Brushed Nickel: For a modern, sophisticated look, choose brushed nickel hardware finishes.
- Bronze: Bronze has a classic and timeless look. Bronze hardware will add warmth and elegance to your retrofit windows.
- Black: Add a touch of modern flair and sophistication to your window upgrades with standout black hardware.
Decorative Glass Options
Though most householders prefer clear glass for their retrofit windows, clear glass isn’t your only option:
- Frosted Glass: Add privacy and diffused natural light to your home with frosted glass. Add privacy to your bathrooms, entryways, and other areas.
- Textured Glass: Textured glass features patterns or obscure designs for a unique and customized look.
- Stained Glass: Make a statement with stained glass inserts or accents. Add color, texture, and personality to your retrofit windows.
Tips for Customizing Your Retrofit Windows
Here are a few quick tips for customizing your retrofit windows:
- Consider your home’s architectural style and aesthetic when customizing your windows.
- Find inspiration from interior design trends, color palettes, and finishes. Create a cohesive look throughout your home.
- Mix and match customization options to achieve a personalized look that reflects your style and personality.